Saturday, November 17, 2012

Euro Adventures


There are no words to describe the experience I have had in Italy thus far this semester. Hesitant about studying in Florence before arriving, I know now that I couldn’t have made a better decision. From the very first day upon arriving, I instantly felt at home. Adapting to the slower pace life that Italians live wasn’t easy, but now I find myself sitting in cafes for hours at a time and speaking Italian with random people on the streets. Walking to class, I am still amazed at the sights I see everyday. Being able to visit a different museum or church every art history class is something I would have never imagined possible.
            Being in Florence, I have made sure to take advantage of traveling as much as possible. This past weekend, I went to Barcelona. Upon arriving to my hostel, I realized my wallet had been stolen. Even though that was not the best way to start my trip, I did not want to let if affect my time in Barcelona. In Barcelona, some of the many places I visited were Sagrada Familia, Parc Geull, and the Picasso Museum. Having taken Spanish for seven years, it was a great feeling to be able to have full conversations with the locals. My favorite meal in Barcelona was Tapas. This traditional Spanish food is a variety of appetizers and snacks that you pay for individually. Even with the bad start to my weekend, Barcelona ended up being one of my favorite places so far that I have visited.
          While traveling throughout Europe is an amazing experience, I still consider Florence to be my favorite place. After a long weekend in a different country, I feel ready to come home to Florence. I still discover new things everyday here, and can never get over the beauty of this city. As I reflect on the time I have been here, I can’t believe the time has flown by so fast. Even though I never want to leave Italy, I know I will be back in my home away from home. 






        

No comments:

Post a Comment