Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life Abroad in Firenze

This past month in Florence has been an invaluably enriching experience. Becoming immersed in a culture not your own is not an easy task to take on, but the rewards you reap outweigh most any obstacle you might encounter on your journey. As someone who had previously never gone outside of North America, I find that every day brings something new and exciting. Whether it be trying a new food or taking weekend trips outside of the city, I can sincerely say that I am indeed having the "time of my life."




Photographing temple ruins in Pompeii

Photobucket
The street I live on.


Climbing Mt. Vesuvius with clouds directly overhead.

Photobucket
The island of Capri taken during the boat ride from our hostel.


Photobucket
Cotton candy vendor in Piazza Annunziata during The Festival of Paper Lanterns


The sheer beauty of my new home never ceases to captivate me. Even something as simple as walking the same path through the city everyday to class is an opportunity to discover some new building front or feature that you might have previously overlooked. This new change in scenery has opened my eyes to a new culture and way of living, and also has helped to re-evaluate my outlook on my own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment