Monday, November 7, 2011

Bella Citta!

Ciao Ragazzi! Hope all is well at UConn for those of you following this blog. Anyone knows that Florence is an amazing place to study art. It is an unbelievable experience to walk around the city and see the monuments we are studying in art history (also helps with the studying!) However now that we have less than a month and a half left I have begun thinking about what I will miss most from Florence. I spend a lot of time walking around by myself during the day and there are so many times I stop and just freeze to look at where I am. I will definitely miss the little things that make this such a beautiful city-like the river, and all of the reflections on it at night and the peacefulness of the city closing down, the coffee, the times I have been mistaken for a Florentine!, the massive amounts of dogs being walked, the baby seats on bicycles and women riding in heals, italian children singing in an elementary school nearby my apartment, the random loose cobblestones (most of them are perfectly in place), the graffiti on old buildings, and that you discover something new every single day. These pictures are just little moments that I will never forget from my time here!












No comments:

Post a Comment