Friday, December 9, 2011

Oh Florence, I'll miss you!



I don’t think anything is comparable to the experience I have gained from studying abroad in Florence this semester. Florence has so much to offer, and as an art history major, I couldn’t think of a better place to learn to draw and understand the intensive process necessary to create works of art! Immersed in Italian culture and surrounded by the work of Renaissance masters has motivated me to make the most of the situation and will leave me with a better understanding of art as a whole.

Our hands-on visits to the Uffizi, Accadamia, Duomo and many more have allowed us to see artwork up close and aid us in both our art history class and drawing class. This semester has been unlike anything else and it

is going to be so hard going home and being limited to textbooks and classroom settings!

Anyway, I’m so grateful for my time spent in Florence, the awesome people I’ve met here and the new variety of skills I’ll be leaving Florence with. I most definitely have to come back and visit soon because as far as I’m concerned, it’ll be hard living without Michelangelo’s David and Botticelli’s Birth of Venus after seeing them in person (to name a few). Here are some pictures of both my artwork & the city:







































































No comments:

Post a Comment