Friday, December 9, 2011

Where did the time go?






Ciao!

Today was the first time it finally hit me: HOW HAS THIS SEMESTER GONE BY SO FAST?
Back in September, I couldn't even imagine being at the point where I am now. I love this country and experience so much that I even decided to stay an extra semester! Even though I will miss this group like crazy, I can't wait to see what happens in the spring.
So far in Florence, I've been introduced to beautiful art, incredible food, and a gorgeous language I'm still trying to learn. I was able to visit cities and towns all over Italy (including Perugia, Chianti, the Amalfi Coast, Cinque Terre, Rome, Venice...etc.) as well as Spain and Ireland. I can't wait to add a few more countries to my list by next semester.
This last week of classes flew by, just like this fall did, mostly because we've all been extremely busy with getting ready for finals and fitting in some last minute trips or activities so we have no regrets when we go home. I spent a good part of the day in a cafe with Hanna and Katy enjoying Italian coffee and putting together study guides for our Art History exam. I would choose that over Homer Babbidge Library at UConn any day.
I'm excited to go home and see friends and family for a nice break but am so eager to come back (I can't go without pesto pasta and gelato for too long). I'll miss everyone here so much! I loved our studio classes and wish we could keep painting and drawing in Florence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment